Why a Blog?

As I start my first job, I know that I will want to keep a record of the hilarious, ridiculous, and inspiring things that happen for myself and those that care for me. Hopefully, this blog will allow me to share those experiences in a way that makes sense and allows everyone to share.

Friday, September 30, 2011

The Beginning

It's official--I'm a resident of my hometown again.

I made the long drive this afternoon after leaving J and Moe at home. There were tears--mine--and assurances--his--and then the new chapter started.

My parents are really excited to have me back, and I'm glad to be back closer to them. I'm also really excited about the new job and the opportunity that it presents me to become a better professional, help move this community in great directions, and become immersed in another campus culture that can only add to my love for this job.

However, tonight I keep thinking about how I wished this had turned out. I tried so hard to end up back in the same state--not even town--as J, and yet, it didn't work out. I've had to accept that the two things I wanted on this earth--to be with J and to have a career in FSL--cannot happen at the same time.

I will be more than fine in a few days, and there will be days when I'm not fine, but I know that this is how it has to happen. I just have to say that right now--it sucks.

Now-unpacking (A-FREAKIN-GAIN) begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment